Decide what your goal is and what you want to accomplish. This short guide will help you navigate the process more efficiently.
Set a budget
Kitchen remodeling can cost as little as $10,000-15,000. Or as much as $40,000 and up.
The cost will depend upon the extent of the remodel. Putting aside 20% of your budget for unexpected bills is also essential.
The most significant part of the budget is kitchen cabinets
Kitchen cabinets typically take up at least 25% of your budget. The cabinets are considered the star of the room.
They need to be both aesthetic and have plenty of storage space. Know that there are three types of cabinets:
- Stock, which has standard colors and sizes.
- Semi-stock has more room for making changes, such as drawer sizes or door fronts.
- On the other hand, custom means "sky's the limit"--you draw up the plans, and they go to a workshop for design.
Deciding on kitchen countertops
Counters come in various materials, from natural stone to tile, laminate, and more.
Kitchen countertops will become the room's focal point when coordinated well with walls, floor, and cabinets.
- Decide if you’re staying or selling–and then spend wisely. If you plan to say for at least five years, remodel so you can enjoy your room! If you plan to sell, spend just what you hope to get back in your house's sale.
- Consider alternatives. Modern technology makes manufacturers create amazingly realistic wood, stone, and tile versions. If your wallet's saying no to a natural stone floor, consider a product like luxury vinyl. For example, " Pure Tiles," Newcastle Clay by Beauflor.
- Remember, things don’t always need to be on-trend or the most expensive.
Visit us for your kitchen remodeling needs
At iFloors, we understand the challenges of kitchen remodeling. And our friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you get through it.
Visit our showroom in Sugar Land, TX, where you'll see all the top brands like Mohawk, Daltile, Marazzi, Happy Floors, and more. We work on residential and commercial projects of all sizes in Sugar Land, Richmond, Fulshear, Katy, Cypress, and Spring, TX.